Yasena Foundation (YF) is a dully registered non-profit generating organization in Kenya. Our objective is to improving the living standard of people in the western part of Kenya by identifying and nurturing young people with talent in sporting activities. Since its establishment Yasena Foundation has conducted and supported several sporting activities within the region in talent search and capacity building among the youth.
The area of intervention for this project is in Sabatia Sub-County within Vihiga County – Western Kenya. We request your support for the establishment of a youth football sports academy for both genders of between the age of 14-21years old. Our vision is to operate a modern youth recreation and resource centre that will host a modern community library and an all-round youth sport centre. The centre will offer professional sports trainings alongside other short term basic education courses on healthy living (HIV/AIDS and Drug Abuse), ICT application, entrepreneurship skills and community development programs.
- Creating a community and sustainable academy in order to develop football sporting activities in the region.
- Identifying sports talents in young people and giving them a chance at making a career even away from our academy.
- Engaging young people in physical and moral Education (life skills and peer education) with a view to reducing crime rate, drug abuse as well as the fight against HIV/AIDS and early marriages/pregnancies.
- Training young people in the sustainable management of bio-diversities and environmental protection.
- Building friendship ties with stakeholders as well as other sports oriented agents across the globe by participating in both national and international tournaments, exchange programs, work camps and activities that promote friendship, tolerance and fight against racism and all forms of discrimination.
To create a better future for young people by improving their employability and key life skills, through our sports and education-themed personal development programs
To create a level playing field where every young person has the opportunity to create a better future for themselves.
“Start Small………..but start”